THE ADVENTURE HAS BEGUN!!!! Some great friends came by yesterday to help us get loaded and on the road. After the kids melted the ice in the hose by pouring cups of hot water on it, we filled the tank and turned on the water to test the water heater repair. What was that sound of a waterfall in the closet?!? I suspected the valve for the washer (which we don't have) got turned on while the satellite was installed. When I tried to look, I broke all the shelf brackets. Tony came to the rescue again with new brackets. It was the valve and easily fixed. We then attached the tow car and were ready. After a very emotional goodbye, we hit the road around 2:00. The trip to Huntsville went well although the ol RV groaned up the hills. We arrived at the space center around 8:30 and decided to just campout in the parking lot. I followed Sue's directions - right to the shipping and receiving area! We eventually found the RV parking and set up. Slide out, satellite up, kids bikes out. I was trying to get the satellite to work (no help from the Direct guy) when I noticed flashing yellow lights outside... I went out to talk with the guy -
"Are you planning to park here all night?'
"We were planning to since we couldn't find the campground"
"We have an RV park just over there. I could lead you to it" (hint, hint)
"That would be great"
So I threw the bikes in the RV and jumped in. As I started off, I noticed in the mirror that the slide was out and of course the satellite dish was still up. Slide in, dish down. Off again. Oops, I forgot to unlock the steering on the tow car. Stop again, run back and turn the key, then off again. We followed the guy to the RV park and around the circle. He left without telling us which spot to take so we unhooked the car and backed into the nearest spot. By now it was 10:30 and even the kids were ready to go to bed. When I went into the back, I couldn't believe it - what was that sound of water????? Then I realized Sue had turned on the noise machine to "ocean waves". That bed never felt so good.

Hey guys, I am glad to hear you made it to your first destination safely! Have fun, make memories.
ReplyDeleteAs we were going out to church this morning we realized how hard its going to be for us, seeing your house everyday, wondering about you all and missing you.
Be safe, I hope you enjoy your visit to the space station.
Brad
Oh my! Oh my! This is definitely a Hoffmann adventure! I can't wait to hear what happens on day 2. Just keep laughing and have fun!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Nancy
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Group!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are having a great start to your great adventure.
Hey Brian, do you have a beer keg in that RV?
I want to take this chance to say Hi to LilSis also.
I had to remove my previous post because Sarah, (my 8 month old) got to the keyboard lol.
Ken
Geesh! I thought y'all would be here until the first of the week. Sorry I missed telling you goodbye. We will miss all of you but promise to keep up with you here!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys already. Cassidy saw the other car in the drive and thought you hadn't left after all. She was so sad when I told her you had left already. She misses Siena so. I can't wait to read the next installment.
ReplyDeleteSue, make sure you get a picture of Brian navigating and driving the RV. It appears that he really worked on his RV'ing skills the last month since you guys made it all the way from GA to AL in one day! (Just joking)
ReplyDeleteWe will miss you guys but I know the success that is yours lies ahead!
We will keep you all posted on our August trip!
Hoffmanns, glad to hear that you're off on your big adventure. The blog is GREAT, and we'll look forward to tracking you all the way. Nico Patrick says hi, and to travel safely (isn't he considerate??) ;-) Our love - always.
ReplyDeleteDon & Mary Jo
RENEE
ReplyDeleteGlad you got off and enjoying your self. Good to hear from you. Do you have any cake left. I will be looking forward to tracking your trip . I miss you and the kids very much.
Renee
Hello All,
ReplyDeleteSo off to a new adventure in the Hoffmann family...what a neat way to stay in touch and share your experiences with those that care for you guys!!! I would settle for a 6-pack (or a glass of vino) at the end of the day.
Be safe and enjoy every moment....Luv ya Lots, Mary Jo, Don and Nico :)
What a great start. We can't wait for you guys to arrive in Lewiston. Drive careful and enjoy this great adventure. Your new family of friends and colleagues await in Idaho!
ReplyDeleteMichelle (VMC)
Finally figured out how to post on this thing. Only taken me a few weeks. I have been living vicariously through your travels. You know how much I want the big box! Enjoy the trip. The place just aint the same without you guys.
ReplyDeleteWhere can I sign up to catch a ride on the "big box?" Or to just be a fly on Sue's shoulder with a microphone on Roman collar? You are all having a terrific time making life long memories. Stay safe, calm and cool ( no problem with the snowstorm:) FYI-It's going to be 60 degrees in Ohio on Tues. 2/10. You are making it so easy for us to share your travels ...thanks, be safe and God Bless!!!! Luv ya, The Leaman's
ReplyDeleteOur trip from Omaha to Lewiston was one that our 3 oldest will never forget! Enjoy the journey. We look forward to having you in Lewiston/Clarkston. :) Melanie Eggleston
ReplyDelete