Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yesterday we went to see the Grand Canyon. It is spectacular and we had great weather. We took the historic Grand Canyon Railway. We thought it would be quicker but it turns out that it only goes 40 mph so it took over 2 hours each way. It was still fun to ride the train. There was entertainment and food along the way. We saw a few deer and elk. I think we spent more time watching the kids than looking at the canyon. We didn't want to end up on the evening news for letting our kids fall into the canyon!!

















Sue even got a quick lesson on playing the fiddle!!




















































Flagstaff recently had 29 inches of snow and then we had about 3 more inches the night we arrived. Today, I learned a little more about camping in the winter. When we woke up, all the water lines were frozen. I put the lantern in the compartment with the water/sewer attachments to heat up the lines. It worked great and we soon had water. If I had been smart, I would have removed the lantern then. Instead, I left it so the lines wouldn't freeze again. Unfortunately, that was long enough to melt anything plastic in the compartment. It made for some interesting shapes!! Fortunately, nothing too important was ruined. Later in the day, I had to replace the kitchen faucet. That should scare any of you who know me very well - and well it should. Actually it turned out OK.

2 comments:

  1. I did not know you could ride the train as I thought it was the donkeys or walk...well, well, well, where are the pics of Brian at work on the kitchen sink, as I know how he fixes things-hahaha. take care and have fun, jen and the garrett gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, now in case you don't know, I went to medical school with Brian. We went through paired together since are names are next to each other alphabetically. So you get to know someone pretty well that way. I got to know his manual and mechanical skills. That is why I really flinched when Brian told me he was going to be a surgeon. And that is why Sue should never let him do anything like replace a kitchen faucet, or use and kind of tools. To this day I am not really sure how he learned to operate. At any rate it sure sound like you are have fun out there. Great pictures! Mega dittos on Chloe.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete